Any type of litigation is challenging, but resolving complex commercial litigation issues is especially trying because resolving multi- issue, party, and jurisdiction cases requires different legal tactics.
During Marc’s entire 35+ year career as general counsel for two different companies and as a principal shareholder at Greenberg Traurig, Marc has been involved in handling numerous complex commercial litigation matters, including; breach of contract, fraud, fraudulent inducement, interference with business and/or contractual relationships, conversion claims, partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, construction defects, claims against insurance companies, foreclosures, and contract formation disputes.
Complex commercial litigation can include a variety of different issues, such as:
- Production and review of large collections of documents and information
- Depositions of large witness groups
- Overview of large chunks of data and complex mathematical calculations
- In-depth understanding of complex issues related to the main issue
- Defense or cross-examination of witnesses
- Use of technology and software to build the strongest possible case
- Knowledge of class action lawsuits
Additionally, there are a number of overall considerations businesses have when facing complex commercial litigation, such as:
- Is there a limited budget?
- Is the intent to “send a message”?
- Is the ultimate goal to avoid future legal action?
All of these things must be considered when creating a strategic approach to the settlement of complex commercial litigation, and Marc as a seasoned attorney and mediator can assist the parties in mediation to reach a settlement.